I attended a course titled "Working with youths with special needs" at NCSS on Thurs and Fri. Was a heartening course to see on-ground people working with these youths. Got to speak to a couple of them. REALLY great respect for these people! Shows how much love they have. It also reminded me to look at people's ABILITY rather than their disABILITY.
The course ended on Fri afternoon so manage to settle some of my housing matters. WE've got all the basic essentials already. We have a bedframe, wardrobe, dining table, coffee table, tv console and a sofa. Although it seems like only a few items, it has already cost us quite a lot. Will need time to get the rest.
FOP was the highlight of the day. Reached there around 6 and there was only 4 of us(ivor, ying huan, her sis and me). We went in around 6.30 booking seats for 14 people. It started aound 7.45pm with True Worshippers leading the worship. It was alright but I don't know most of their songs. Bob Fitts was next and he's the kind of musician for my parent's generation. Haha.. You know what I mean. But still he's great. Sermon by Mark Conner was wonderful. He talks about us breaking free from Worries. To have freedom from worries as stated in Matthew 6:25-34. He mentioned that majority of our worries are unnecessary(things we can control) and only 4% of our worries are real.
Stratgey to have freedom from worry(S.T.O.P)
1. Specify your worries(most of them are insignificant)
2. Take action on your worries(turn that worry into action, do something about it)
3. Offer a prayer to God(Philippians 4:6-7 Submit our thoughts to God)
4. Place trust in God(Proverbs 3:5-6 Lean on him more, put our trust in Him)
At the end of the sermon when he said "Who thinks this sermon is for you?" and to stand up if you think the word is speaking to you. I immediately stood up and thank God for the word. Cause I know I tend to worry too much, for wedding and now for house. I thank God for reminding me about this and to use the strategy which was taught. It was wonderul. I'm not a captive of my worries!!! Amen.
Heard that Planetshakers will be here for 2010. I'll be there!
FOP 2009

No comments:
Post a Comment